I am very excited that today we have 12 time world champion Dougie Lampkin on the podcast
Dougie shouldn't need much introduction to most of our listeners, but just in case you've forgotten how accomplished this man's career is here are some highlights:
- 12 x FIM Trial World Champion [7 x Outdoor / 5 x Indoor]
- 3 x FIM Trial des Nations [Team World Champions - GB]
- 1 x European Trial Champion
- 2 x Spanish Trial Champion
- 6 x British Trial Champion
- 2 x Scottish Six Days Trial - Overall Winner
- 6 x Scott Trial - Time + Observation - Winner
- 1 x Wheelie entire Isle of Man TT Course
- 1 x Ride complete BBC TV Centre
- 1 x Wheelie on Goodwood House roof
Something you should know is that Jake, Dougie's Manager approached me in March 2020 shortly after we got started and suggested we get Dougie on and to be honest I was a little reluctant to accept. After all, I'd really on just started this podcast and hadn't honed my craft and was concerned I couldn't do and interview the a legend of our sport sufficient justice.
I hope the passage of time has helped make this a better interview.
We anchor this interview around three main pillars, Dougie's career including his red bull work, his role as the vertigo team manager, and finally as the importer and what ambitions he has for the brand in the UK.
I strongly encourage our listeners to get a copy of Trials and Error which is Dougie's autobiography. I'm personally not a big reader but I did enjoy it and it covers much more grounds that this podcast ever could.
This interview was requested by our listeners so if you like us to interview any people in particular please reach out via email to: [email protected]
I hope you enjoy this chat with the champion, ambassador and legend: Dougie Lampkin
Feedback: [email protected]