Just in time for the upcoming Queensland Championships run by Trials Club of Queensland, we are offering to all Trials riders the opportunity to do some free-ride training Saturday afternoon or Sunday at this excellent Trial venue that we use thanks to Linda and John Hinchcliffe.
For Sunday I will be running a Trial riding coaching day with the help of LRMTC's most experienced riders. We will start the day at approx 9 AM where I will be running through the 'System' of Trials technique as taught to me when I was 16 by my hero, the only American World Trial Champion, Bernie Schreiber. We move on to specific techniques, break up into groups of similar ability and do some section riding and general education in the craft of riding Trials.
I have done close to one of these coaching days per year for the last 30 years (started riding A-grade Trials 1987) and it is always great to see those moments when a rider figures out how to do something new for the first time, which is what I hope riders of all levels will get from the day.
* Saturday 10 June, 12 Noon- gates open at 342 Coomera River Road, Ferny Glen
* Saturday night camping is possible at this beautiful property but will cost $10 per site to cover the cost of the mobile bog.
* Sunday 11 June, 8AM sign-on at LRMTC tent, coaching starts approx 9 AM.
* Cost per day for free-ride training- $15 per rider
* Trials Coaching Sunday- $30 per rider
* If you do not have a MQ licence, we have day licences available for $30.
Please let us know if you want to attend the coaching day by txting your details to Andrew Mc Donald-Smith- 0414 372 371